Question 4

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Zero Wasted
    Keymaster

Bea describes getting “weird looks” from people when she brings her own jars to the grocery store. Has this ever happened to you? How did you navigate this?

Vanna
    Participant

I’ve only gotten the “weird looks” at stores a few times. Most people thing its cool and have told me they are going to start doing the same thing. I’m a very shy person and normally this would bother me but I just remind myself that I’m just living the values that I’ve always had. I’m doing this for the planet, for the other precious organisms that we share this earth with and for my health.

Cathy Haukedahl
    Participant

Sometimes people look at my multiple bags and containers, but I don’t care. Sometimes I look at all the plastic in other people’s grocery cart! 🙂

Zero Wasted
    Keymaster

Ha! Cathy, I am right there with you! I saw a woman putting her bananas in a plastic bag and I had to wonder “why?”. And Vanna, I have to agree with you. I live this way to prevent more waste from accumulating and make the world better for future generations.So it’s totally worth the “weird looks”.

Sarah
    Participant

Transitioning to more zero waste lifestyle has made me such a more assertive (in a good way) person! I used to be SO shy and wouldn’t want to talk to anyone or bring attention to myself. Now I have no issues going up to my local farmers/grocers and asking them if I can bring my own containers or if they can stop packaging in plastic. I’ve actually received a lot of positive feedback when I bring my own containers or produce bags.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.