Question 8

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Zero Wasted
    Keymaster

How did your idea of “zero waste” change throughout the book? Did you learn anything new that was surprising to you?

Vanna
    Participant

I initially learned all about the zero waste movement through Bea’s book/blog and I realized that this is pretty much the way my grandparents lived. They didn’t think of it as being “zero waste” or being environmentally friendly, it was simply their way of life. Bringing mason jars/containers to a store was a novel idea for me because I’m a shy person this was initially very hard for me to do. I thought that buying items that wasn’t in plastic packaging was good enough but Bea taught me that avoiding packaging in general is route to take. I didn’t however agree with the section about how to choose a pet. Maybe I’m just interpreting it wrong (and i apologize if I did). I don’t own a dog but if I decided to adopt, I would not base my decision on the physical attributes of the breed e.g. “chose his coat color to match the floor so that his shedding hair would not show.”

Cathy Haukedahl
    Participant

I learned a number of interesting things, for example, how to recycle makeup, reselling books on Amazon, ways to get rid of junk mail, to name just a couple. I also realized that Johnson’s super-minimalist approach to zero waste is not mine. I can just hear her disapproving of me, but that’s ok.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.